Ben Platt, also known as Benjamin Schiff Platt, is a well-known name in the entertainment industry in the United States. He is an actor, singer, and composer. Ben Platt’s net worth is estimated to be $4 million as of the year 2022. Musical theatre was where he got his start as an actor while he was still a youngster.
Ben was spotted performing in many performances of The Sound of Music during the year 2006. After that, from 2012 to 2015, he was a star in the production of The Book of Mormon.
Ben has risen to notoriety as a result of his initial performance of the title character in the Broadway coming-of-age musical Dear Evan Hansen during the years of 2015 and 2017. Because of his performances, he gained renown as well as a number of honours. In addition, he was honoured with awards from the Tony, Emmy, and Grammy organisations.
Ben won the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in a Musical when he was just 16 years old, making him the youngest actor ever to win the award on his own. Patt was seen in the film version of the musical that was released in 2021, and he once again played the part of Evan Hansen.
When noting his accomplishments for his exceptional achievement, the flicks Ricki and the Flash, Run This Town, and the Pitch Perfect film series are the ones that really must be included. In addition, he appeared in the comedy-drama series The Politician, which is streamed on Netflix. Additionally, he was considered for the Golden Globe Award in the role of Best Actor in a Television Series Musical or Comedy.
Ben was recognised as one of the 100 most important persons in the world by Time magazine in their 2017 edition of their annual list of the 100 most influential people. Additionally, Ben secured a recording contract with Atlantic Records in the year 2017. In the year 2019, he made his debut with a studio album under the title Sing to Me Instead, which was published in the month of March.
Ben Platt Live from Radio City Music Hall was the title of his first concert film to be made available on Netflix. It was published in the month of May, in the year 2020. Reverie was the name of Ben’s second studio album, which was released in 2021 on August 13th with the same name.
Ben Platt Wiki
Ben Platt was born on September 24th, 1993, making him 29 years old as of the year 2022. He was brought up in Los Angeles, which is located in California, United States. He was born in the United States of America, and the Christian faith is central to his life and beliefs.
Ben’s education was completed at the Adderley School for the Performing Arts, which is located in Pacific Palisades. He was a part of many shows at the time, the most notable of which being Bye Bye Birdie and Into the Woods. In addition, Ben registered for classes at the prestigious Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles. 2011 was the year when he received his diploma.
Girlfriend and Family
Marc and Julie Platt are Ben Platt’s parents. Ben Platt is their son. The name of Ben Platt’s father is Marc Platt, and he works as a producer in the film, television, and theatre industries.
Julie Platt is Ben Platt’s mother and has the same name as her son. His father is famous for writing the musical Wicked, as well as the films Into the Woods, La La Land, Mary Poppins Returns, and Legally Blonde. Ben grew up in a Jewish household.
Additionally, he is one of four siblings. His brother, Jonah Platt, is also an actor, and his other brother is named Henry Platt. His sisters, Samantha Platt and Hannah Platt, each have the same last name.
Trivia & Unknown Facts
- Because of his performance of “I’ve Got the Magic in Me,” he was considered a candidate for the Teen Choice Award in the category of Male Scene Stealer.
- In 2017, he was honoured with the Tony Award for Best Actor in a Musical for his groundbreaking performance as the lead character in the musical Dear Evan Hansen.
- The year 2019 saw his debut as a series regular on the Netflix show The Politician.
- Before making his debut in the movie industry, he had a successful run on Broadway as Elder Price in the musical The Book of Mormon.
- In 2013, he had a performance at the MTV Movie Awards. On March 29, 2019, he released his first album, which is titled Sing to Me Instead.
- He is one of four children from his family. Along with his two sisters, Hannah and Sam, he also has two brothers called Jonah and Henry. His other siblings are named Hannah and Sam.
- Both Bridge of Spies and La La Land were produced by his father, Marc E. Platt, who is also a producer. He started a relationship with the actor Noah Galvin.
- In the musical comedy released in 2012 under the same name, he appeared in a supporting role with Anna Kendrick.