Hilary Farr was born on August 31, 1951, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She is a British-Canadian designer, TV host, businesswoman and actress known for The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) and The Return (1980). Hilary Farr, who was born in 1951 will turn 71 years old in 2022.
She began her career working in the fashion industry as a model and actress. She later transitioned into design and became a successful home stager and designer.
Hilary Farr is a Canadian television personality who is best known for her work on the HGTV series Love It or List It. She has also appeared on other HGTV shows such as Design Star and Buying & Selling.
Hilary Farr is a regular guest on The View and has appeared as a guest host on the show. She has also been a guest on The Chew, Good Morning America, and Live with Kelly and Ryan.
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1951|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Family & Relationships
Hilary Farr’s family consists of her parents, their names are Bob and Penny Farr. What we do know is that her mother was British and a practicing member of the Church of England, while her father was Jewish. Therefore, Hilary Farr herself grew up celebrating both Christian and Jewish religious traditions.
|Father Name||Bob Farr|
|Mother Name||Penny Farr|
Hilary Farr Boyfriend & Marriage
Despite rumors that she and her co-host David Visentin were dating, she is now single. According to an unverified report, he married fellow real estate salesperson Krista Visentin.
Gordon Farr was a playwright and producer who ended up being Farr’s first husband. They were undefined for some period of time before having complications that led to their relationship concluding.
Hilary Farr was married to Gordon Farr, who she wed in 1982. However, they divorced in 2008. Joshua is the couple’s only child.
|Height (approximate)||5’ 7”|
|Weight (approximate)||147 lbs|
Career & Education
Hilary Farr’s career in home design and renovation began almost by accident. A native of Toronto, Canada, she started out as a model and actress, appearing in commercials and television shows. But it was while working as an assistant to a home designer that she discovered her true passion.
Farr soon launched her own home design business, and quickly became one of the most sought-after designers in the Toronto area. She soon expanded her business to include home staging and real estate development. In addition to her work in Canada, she has also done home design work in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Over the course of her career, Hilary Farr has helped countless people transform their homes into beautiful and livable spaces. She is known for her ability to see potential in even the most rundown of homes, and her unique vision has helped her become one of the most successful home designers in the world.
If you’re looking for someone who can help you transform your home into a beautiful and livable space, Hilary Farr is definitely someone you should consider. With her years of experience and unique vision, she is sure to help you create the home of your dreams.
Hilary Farr Net Worth
The net worth of Hilary Farr is estimated to be around $8 million. She has been earning a very handsome money from the past couple of years.
Trivia & Facts
- Farr has been featured in numerous magazines and newspapers, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and Boston Globe.
- She has also been a guest on several popular television shows, including The View, Good Morning America, The Rachael Ray Show, and The Steve Wilkos Show.
- Farr is passionate about helping people love their homes and encouraging them to live their best life.
- She is an active philanthropist and has served on the board of directors for several charities, including Habitat for Humanity and Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- She attended Branksome Hall, an all-girls private school in Toronto’s Forest Hill neighborhood, before studying interior design at Ryerson University.
- After graduation, Hilary began her career working as a kitchen and bath designer in Toronto before eventually landing her big break co-hosting Love It or List It with David Visentin.