Kayla Varner is the wife of a very popular baseball player Bryce Harper, who is a very well-known figure. He was the former NSCAA excellence senior award winner. If you are looking for Kayla Varner [Bryce Harper wife] wiki, age, net worth, family, biography then you are in the right place. Stay tuned till the end if you want to know her entire profile and some juicy information about this pretty woman.
Kayla Varner Personal life
Kayla Varner is a former soccer player who played for Ohio State and Brigham Young University. This American athlete had an interest in soccer since childhood possibly due to her mother uh also played foreign university. She is known more for being the partner of a famous baseball player Bryce Harper then being an American athlete.
Kayla was born on November 4th, 1992 in Henderson in Nevada, United States. Father’s name is Sean Varner and her mother is Lizz Varner. She was born and brought up in Las Vegas and she has two younger brothers named McKay & Markus. Kayla completed her high school education from Green valley high school and later she joined Brigham young University for completion of her graduation.
After completion of her graduation, she then went to Ohio State. She Enjoyed playing soccer in her high school and college days and she also led her high school soccer team for three consecutive years as captain. During this period she scored record-breaking 111 goals handmade more than 80 assists.
Because of her mind-blowing performance in the game, she got the award of Nevada High School player of the year in 2009 as well as in 2012. This NSCAA senior excellence award winner met her future husband in her high school itself.
She is currently 26 years old (as of 2019). After completing her high School Kayla majored in interior designing for about a year and then she went to Ohio State University where she studied strategic communication. But, while doing her studies, she also played soccer. Reading, shopping, watching movies and baseball are her hobbies. She is a foodie and she also has a dedicated Instagram account where she posts only food-related stuff.
She regularly posts photos of her friends and families on her social media accounts quite frequently. This beauty is an animal lover and she has a dog named Wrigley. Both Kayla, as well as her husband, follow the church of Jesus Christ and they married at the San Diego Mormon Temple in private ceremony. He likes baseball very much and she often attends games of her husband and also helps Washington Nats in fundraising.
Career and achievements
As said earlier Kayla played four seasons for the high school team and was captain for three consecutive years. Green valley gators reached the playoffs each year due to her exceptional leadership skills on and off the field.
Due to her excellent captainship, Green valley gators won three southeast division titles, two sunrise conference title and also the Nevada State championship in the year 2011. Her career profile is scoring 111 goals and having more than 80 assists during the course of 4 years. Also, she scored one goal in two seasons at BYU and also had four assists in total 33 games. Against Marquette, she scored the winning penalty kick in NCAA tournament of the year 2012.
Kayla Varner played 20 games for Ohio Buckeyes in her junior year when she got transferred to Ohio State. The coach of the team Lori Walker was very impressed and thrilled to have Kayla in his team. He praised her skills saying that ” Her high level of experience along with her high speed and ability to run with the ball at defenses makes her a wonderful asset to the team.”
Kayla Varner Love Life
The couple is very frank about their relationship and a lot has been discussed about their relationship. They met each other in the college and they started dating each other in early 2012. They got engaged in 2015 and the wedding was all set to happen on 2nd January 2015 but things didn’t go by plan.
They unfollowed each other on social media and there was a lot of buzz about their marriage. In 2016 the couple was seen again on the red carpet in the ESPYS awards. On that day, Kayla was seen wearing an engagement ring and she later confirmed it on Instagram.
The wedding then successfully took place on 16th December 2016 in a private ceremony in San Diego in Mormon temple. Kayla Varner was wearing a beautiful white dress specially designed by Penelope Perkins whereas Bryce was wearing a custom made black suit. You can see their wedding photographs on Kayla’s Instagram account as well.
Unfortunately, it rained a lot all throughout the day but the couple took advantage of that and took beautiful pictured in the rain. The reception took place at San Diego polo fields and it was attended by friends, family as well as teammates of the couples.
The hall was decorated very well with baseball and soccer paraphernalia to reflect the couple’s career. Also, there was a very beautiful video played with all the flashback of their career and love life. Kayla said in the end, all the DJ, caterers, and the wedding planner were kicked out and the couple had a very romantic dance, which she will never forget in her life
- The net worth of Kayla (Bryce Harper’s wife) is estimated to be around 4.5 million US dollars.
- Her husband’s net worth Bryce who is one of the highest-paid baseball player is 18 million US dollars as of the year 2019.
- Joshua Radin who is a famous singer was invited by Bryce on their wedding day to surprise her spouse. Joshua Radin sang the song ‘You got what I need’ on their wedding day, which Kayla will never forget in her life.
- Also, Kayla has over 1 lakh followers on her Instagram account and she quite frequently posts pictures of her family and friends.
- The former football player promoted Washington National Pets Calendar and donated all the money to Humane Rescue Alliance.
Some Lesser known facts
- Kayla had developed an interest in soccer from the very early age due to her mother. She was influenced by her mother who also played football at Momon Church-owned university.
- The couple had their wedding reception at San Diego polo field. Joshua Radin sang the song ‘You got what I need’ on their wedding day and this got her surprised. Along with family and friends, many teammates of her and Bryce attended the wedding as well as the reception in San Diego.
- She is a social worker and she donated a lot of money to the needy ones. She also supports the Alliance for Haiti’s children.
- Her height is 5’6 (167 centimeters) whereas she weighs around 60 kilograms (132 pounds).
- Kayla Varner is a member of the Newport Soccer Club for more than 10 years. And also she captained this club for around 6 years from 2005 to 2011.
- She is a big fan of Baseball and she hardly misses any matches of her husband. She sometimes also visits the stadium to watch the match of her husband.
- She had previously worked with WeServe organization and she was a coordinator of outreach over there.
- Kayla and her husband both are animal lovers and they also have a cute dog named Wrigley.