Keira Christina Righton OBE, better known by her stage name Keira Knightley, is an English actress and model. Keira Knightley has an estimated net worth of $80 million as of the year 2022. Her presence may be felt in high-budget blockbusters as well as in smaller, independent films. 2018 is the year that she was given an OBE.
Throughout the whole of her career as an actor, she has been honoured with a number of distinctions, including Empire awards. In addition to that, she has been recognised for her work in cinema by being nominated for a number of accolades, including the Laurence Olivier Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, and a great deal more.
Keira Knightley Wiki
Keira Knightley is 37 years old as of the year 2022. She was born on March 26th, 1985, making her age 37. She was born into a stable Christian household in Teddington, which is located in the United Kingdom, and reared there. She professes her faith in Christianity and hails from the United Kingdom; her nationality is British.
Teddington School in Teddington, United Kingdom was where she finished her primary and secondary education. After that, she signed herself up for classes at Esher Sixth Form College in Thames Ditton, England, and it was there that she received her diploma.
Since she was a little kid, she has always been more interested in performing and participating in a wide variety of extracurricular activities than she has been in academics.
Relationships and Family
Will Knightley and Sharman Macdonald are Keira Knightley’s parents. Keira is their daughter. Both of Keira Knightley’s parents are in the entertainment industry; her father, Will Knightley, is an actor, while her mother, Sharman Macdonald, is a writer. Keira’s middle name is Macdonald.
She has just one brother or sister. Caleb Knightley is the name of her older brother.
Keira Knightley Husband
The actress Keira Knightley is currently in a committed relationship. Since February of 2011, Knightley has been romantically involved with musician James Righton, who is a member of the band Klaxons. They tied the knot on May 4th, 2013, in the village of Mazan, Vaucluse. The pair is parents to two little girls, Edie, who was born in May 2015, and Delilah, who will join their family in September 2019.
Knightley is a champion for fair paternity leave and discussed the high expense of child care in England. During an interview that was conducted for the issue of Harper’s Bazaar that was published in December 2016, she said that she “was lucky to be able to afford very excellent child care because else it would be at least four years of my career.”
Keira Knightley Career
Knightley started his acting career as a youngster on television, and he made his debut in the feature film medium in 1995. However, he did not achieve widespread success until the release of the film Bend It Like Beckham in 2002. After that, she had a part in the fantasy blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean, which came out in 2003. In that picture, she played Elizabeth Swann, and she continued to play that character in the future films in the series.
When Keira Knightley was recognised for her performance as Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, she was nominated for an Academy Award in the category of best actress. This was a significant turning point in her career (2005). She is well-known for her roles in a number of other historical productions, notably the film Atonement (2007),
On stage, Knightley made his debut in the West End production of Martin Crimp’s The Misanthrope in 2009; for this performance, he was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award.
In the 2015 production of Thérèse Raquin on Broadway, she also portrayed the title character in the role of the eponymous heroine. In recognition of her work in the theatre as well as her charitable contributions, she was made an officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) at the 2018 anniversary honours.
Depression & Mental Health Issues
Keira Knightley disclosed in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter in October 2018 that she was clinically depressed at the age of 22 and that she had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) while she was battling to adapt to adapt to his sudden ascent to glory. The interview was conducted in October 2018.
Knightley related how there was a stretch in her life when she did not go outside of her house for a period of three months. In order for Knightley to be able to attend this year’s BAFTAS, he was had to go through hypnosis in 2008 in order to avert panic attacks.
Trivia & Unknown Facts
- She became even more well-known because to the parts she played in the films Pirates of the Caribbean, Pride and Prejudice, and Love, Actually. It was announced in 2018 that she will be joining the cast of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, which was produced by Disney.
- At the age of six, she had her first appearances in various advertisements and played minor parts on television.
- She made her acting debut in a supporting role in the blockbuster movie Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, which was released in 1999.
- In the comedy-drama film “Bend It Like Beckham” from 2002, she made her debut appearance in the leading role.
- She was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her part in the 2014 film The Imitation Game, which also got her a nomination for a BAFTA Award for her work in the film Atonement.
- In 2011, she started a relationship with James Righton, and the following year, the pair was married.
- In June of 2015, she and James became parents to a girl who they named Edie.
- In 2019, they had their second child, a daughter named Delilah.
- She co-starred in the Pirates of the Caribbean flicks opposite Johnny Depp.