Lena Waithe, also known as Lena Diane Waithe, is a model, actor, producer, and screenwriter based in the United States. It is estimated that Lena Waithe’s net worth is $15 million as of the year 2022. She started her professional life at a very early age by working as an assistant to the executive producer of a popular American comedy called “Girlfriends.”
She is most recognised for her work on television serials such as “Them” and “Us,” which explain the struggles and tragedies that have been a part of Black history. She has written for, produced, and appeared in a great number of television shows, online series, movies, and videos uploaded to YouTube. She is quite active on social media in addition to being one of the most successful comedians in the business. She has a significant number of devoted followers.
Biography of Lena Waithe
As of the year 2022, Lena Waithe will be 38 years old, having been born on May 17th, 1984. She was born and raised in Chicago, which is located in the state of Illinois in the United States. The Waithe family is African American and hails from Chicago. Lena Waithe is a member of this family. Her Nationality is that of the United States of America.
After finishing her primary education at Magnet School, which was a school attended by a mostly African-American student body, she went on to attend Chute Middle School in Evanston and then Evanston Township High School in Illinois.
She received her diploma from Columbia College in Chicago, where she had finished all of her academic education. She attended that institution to complete her education and received a degree in cinema and television arts. Before she made the decision to uproot her life and go to Los Angeles in quest of a brighter future, she had jobs at large retail establishments such as Best Buy and Blockbuster.
Wife & Relationships
Lena’s parents had a divorce when she was a very small child. Lena’s mother’s name is Ethel Laverne, and her father’s name is Mr. Waithe. Her father passed away when she was only 14 years old. She also has an older sister, but no information about her is currently available.
The relationship status of Lena Waithe is currently listed as “divorced.” 2019 was the year that she tied the knot with Alana Mayo. Sadly, the couple divorced the next year in 2020. It is not known who she is dating at this time, if anybody at all.
Physical Looks & Height
Lena Waithe is an attractive lady who has an endearing and magnetic personality. She has a body that is really enticing. She has a height of around 5 feet and 7 inches and weighs about 68 kg. Her eyes are also black, and they are really captivating. Her hair is also black.
Lena Waith is a native of Chicago, but she uprooted her life and went to Los Angeles with the hopes of leading a more fulfilling existence. She got her start in the film industry by working as an assistant to the executive producers of the comedy Girlfriends (2000).
After that, she was cast in a recurring role on the television show Comeback, which was created and is executive produced by Lisa Kudrow. Lena has had a lifelong interest in writing, and as a result, she is now working as a writer on the television show Bones. This series aired from 2005 all the way up till 2017.
Trivia & Unknown Facts
- She is known for her part as Denise in the Netflix original comedy series Master of None, for which she also wrote the screenplay.
- She collaborated with Aziz Ansari on the “Thanksgiving” episode of Master of None, for which she was awarded the Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series in 2017. The episode was shown in 2017.
- 2006 was the year when she received her degree from Columbia College Chicago. Her very first piece of published literature was the short film titled “Save Me,” which she wrote and directed in 2011.
- She made history by being the first woman of African descent to ever win an Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.
- Prior to that, in 2014, she was selected by Variety as one of its 10 comedians to watch for the next year.
- She claims that her parents were on board with her desire to pursue writing as a vocation from the beginning. She wed Alana Mayo in 2019, but they divorced the following year after one year of marriage.
- Common, who also spent his childhood on the south side of Chicago, serves as executive producer on her Showtime series The Chi.