Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O’Connor, better known by her stage name Lorde, was born in New Zealand to Croatian parents. She is a singer and composer. As of the year 2022, Lorde has a net worth of sixteen million dollars. It was her work on songs, albums, and extended plays like “The Love Club,” “Pure Heroine,” “Yellow Flicker Beat,” and others that brought her widespread recognition.
Throughout the course of her career in the music business, she has been presented with a number of prestigious prizes and accolades, which has contributed to her widespread popularity. In addition to her career as a solo artist, she has also cooperated with a large number of well-known musicians and contributed to the writing of a number of hit songs.
As of the year 2022, Lorde will be 25 years old, having been born on November 7th, 1996. She was born in Auckland, New Zealand, into a stable Christian household and raised there throughout her childhood. She adheres to the Christian faith and has dual citizenship of New Zealand and Croatia. Her ancestry is Croatian.
She attended Vauxhall School in Auckland, New Zealand for her primary education and Belmont Intermediate School in Belmont, also located in Auckland, New Zealand, for her secondary education.
After that, she continued her studies at the New Zealand-based George Parkyn Centre, which is a facility for bright students. She has been a remarkable kid ever since she was born, and the Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognitive Abilities were administered to her when she was only six years old. The results were astounding. She has been victorious in a number of contests, both oratory and literary, bringing home trophies on many occasions.
Boyfriend and Family
Vic and Sonja Yelich are Lorde’s parents. Lorde is their daughter. Her mother, Sonja Yelich, is a poet, and her father, Vic O’Connor, is a civil engineer. Lorde was named after her mother. Vic O’Connor is her father, and Sonja Yelich is her mother.
Aside from that, she is one of three children; the name of her eldest sister is Jerry Yelich-O’Connor, the name of her younger sister is India Yelich-O’Connor, and the name of her younger brother is Angelo Yelich-O’Connor.
Lorde’s marital status is unmarried. James Lowe, a New Zealand photographer, dated New Zealand singer Lorde at one point.
Lorde is a lovely young girl who has a personality that is alluring and appealing, as well as an endearing grin and a stunningly beautiful appearance. She has a lovely, sultry, and curvy form, as well as appealing body dimensions and a wonderfully curved, lean body type. Her figure is just stunning.
Her figure dimensions are around 34-28-40 inches in length, width, and height. Her height is around 5 feet and 5 inches, and she weighs somewhere around 55 kg. She has stunningly gorgeous golden blonde hair that is long and glossy, in addition to stunningly gorgeous dark brown eyes that are enthralling to look into.
After Lorde and her buddy Louis McDonald won the Belmont, Lorde began pursuing a career in the music industry as a vocalist. After that, she appeared on Jim Mora’s Afternoons programme on Radio New Zealand with McDonald. The show was broadcast in the afternoon.
Cover versions of popular songs such as “Mama Do” and “Use Somebody” have been performed by them. In addition to this, she was a member of the school band known as Extreme, which competed in the North Shore Battle of the Bands and finished in third place.
Trivia & Unknown Facts
- Lorde has always had a strong interest for music, even before she ever considered the prospect of being famous.
- As a matter of fact, she was already something of a star at her school when she was only twelve years old since she was a member of a group called Extreme, which was Belmont Intermediate School’s band.
- A video that was found not too long ago shows the singer when she was in middle school. In the film, she is seen performing on stage with her bandmates, who were all only pre-teens at the time.
- They were taking part in the North Shore Battle of the Bands competition, and they made it all the way to the finals.
- The fact that Lorde had already achieved such phenomenal success at such a young age is, in part, what contributed to the shock value of her accomplishment.
- The fact that she was just a teenager when she wrote those types of words blew people away, and they couldn’t help but wonder how she got to be such a skilled composer.
- It is difficult to have any doubts about a person’s musical ability after they have been praised by one of the most accomplished musicians who ever lived.
- David Bowie was able to meet Lorde and listen to her music, and despite the fact that he never had the opportunity to express his gratitude to her in person, those closest to him ensured that she and the rest of the world were aware of his admiration for her.