Pop Smoke, whose real name was Bashar Barakah Jackson, was a musician from the United States who sang, rapped, and wrote songs. In the year 2020, Pop Smoke’s total assets amount to $2 million. The song “Welcome to the Party,” which he released as his debut single in 2019, is mostly responsible for his notoriety.
In addition to that, he was famous for his successful mixtapes, such as Meet the Woo and Meet the Woo 2. After he passed away four months prior, on July 3, 2020, his album entitled Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon was published as a memorial to him. The record was titled Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon.
Pop Smoke Wiki
Pop Smoke was 20 years old as of the year 2020, having been born on July 20th, 1999. His family was devout Christians and they lived in Canarsie, which is located in the borough of Brooklyn in the United States. He had his upbringing there. He is an American by nationality and a Muslim by religion, although he did not always embrace these beliefs. He attended primary school in nine different schools across the borough of Brooklyn in the city of New York.
Because he was just in the eighth grade at the time, he was expelled from the school he attended for bringing a gun to school. After that, as a consequence for his action, he will serve a sentence of two years of home arrest. After that, he relocated to Philadelphia and enrolled at Rocktop Academy, but some time later, a heart murmur was detected in him, and he was required to withdraw from school as a result. After getting involved in the gang life, he started playing basketball.
Family and Girlfriend
Greg Jackson and Audrey Jackson are Pop Smoke’s biological parents. Greg Jackson, who is known by his professional title of “businessman,” is Pop Smoke’s father, and Audrey Jackson, who is known by her professional title of “housewife,” is Pop Smoke’s mother.
Additionally, he had one sibling. Obasi Jackson is the name of the man’s sibling.
The marital status of Pop Smoke was that of a single man. He had only turned 20 years old when he tragically lost his life; at the time of his passing, he was in a relationship with Alyssa Danielle, also known as Yummy Yellow.
Pop Smoke was a young boy who was exceptionally bright and handsome, and he had a personality that was both captivating and dashing. He had a really amazing figure and a physique that might be described as lean but muscular. He was quite strong.
He stood about 5 feet and 10 inches tall, and his weight was estimated to be around 73 kilogrammes. He had gorgeous black hair that was long and lustrous and searing dark brown eyes that were stunning and hypnotic. His hair was a magnificent black tone.
Pop Smoke Career
In 2018, Pop Smoke embarked on a career in the music industry as a vocalist and a rapper. He went to a recording studio in Brooklyn with popular rapper Jay Gwuapo, but his friend fell asleep since he was drunk on drugs. At that moment, Pop tried rapping for the first time, and he recorded his first track, titled “Mpr,” using the beat from 808Melo’s YouTube channel.
In the year 2019, he was signed by Victor Victor Worldwide of Universal Music, and after some time, he released his debut breakout single Welcome to the Party. Both of these events took place in 2019. After some time had passed, two new versions of this song featuring Nicki Minaj and Skepta were also made available for download.
In the year 2020, he released a mixtape under the name Meet the Woo 2 that went on to shatter a number of records in the music business in the United States. A deluxe edition with three more tracks was made available just five days after the original release of the album.
In the year 2020, he published his first album, which he titled Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon. This record was likewise a tremendous success and got a lot of attention. This song from the album titled Make It Rain contained contributions from a number of well-known musicians and artists, such as Rowdy Rebel and others. Later on, as a present to Pop Smoke on the occasion of his 21st birthday, the deluxe edition of this CD was made available, which featured 15 fresh additional tracks.
On January 17, 2020, as Pop Smoke was returning from a tour and passing through the International Airport, he was detained by the police there. This event generated a controversy for Pop Smoke. According to the reports, he was suspected of stealing a Rolls Royce that was worth $375,000 from a person in California when he rented the automobile for one day but didn’t return it on time. The car was borrowed from the person in California.
After a few days had passed since his arrest, the vehicle was located in the driveway of his mother’s house in the Canarsie neighbourhood of Brooklyn. The officials with the police department attempted to interview him about the Crips, but he refused to answer their questions. As a kind of punishment, he was required to post a bail in the amount of $250,000 and sign an agreement stating that he would avoid interacting with known members of the Crips gang.
On February 19, 2020, Pop Smoke was killed by four unknown assailants inside the house located in the Hollywood Hills neighbourhood of California. He was pronounced dead at the scene. According to the statements made by the authorities, four assailants entered into his home and shot him twice in the chest. After the event, he was transported to the local Medical Center, and after a few hours of being examined by physicians there, it was determined that he had passed away.
Green-Wood Cemetery is where his body was laid to rest after it was cremated. After a short period of time, five people, including three adults and two kids, were taken into custody in connection with his murder. According to official authorities, Pop Smoke’s passing was precipitated by his involvement with a criminal organisation known as the Crips, which deals in the trafficking of illegal drugs.
Pop Smoke Net Worth
In the year 2020, Pop Smoke’s total assets amount to $2 million. The majority of his income came from his music albums and his live performances.
Trivia & Unknown Facts
- He had 7.74 million people subscribed to his channel on YouTube at the time.
- His YouTube channel is still alive, and it is there that his team launches the various record songs they have produced.
- His most recent song, “Don’t Know Em,” which was uploaded to his YouTube channel has received 4.1 million views.
- The photograph of the stolen Rolls Royce has been uploaded by Pop to his Instagram account.
- In spite of the fact that Smoke has only been active in the music business for a relatively short period of time, he has amassed an enormous fan base, and in 2019, more people played his songs than played any number one hit on the Billboard chart.
- Because he himself had lived a life on the streets, which he desperately wanted to escape and has spent the rest of his life regretting, he inspired the younger generation in his area to steer clear of that lifestyle.
- The doctor told Pop that he had a condition known as heart murmur, in which the heart makes a distinctive sound when blood rushes into and out of it.
- In the one and only interview he gave, he explained that the name Pop Smoke is a mix of the names Poppa, which was a nickname he went by, and Smocco Guwop, which was a title bestowed to him by his grandmother.
- After he passed away, his song “Dior” from the album Meet The Woo became his first solo smash to reach the top of the charts.
- His single “Dior” climbed all the way up to the 22nd position on the Billboard chart.
- It was revealed by Pop Smoke in an interview that when he was younger he used to play African drums in a local church in the borough of Brooklyn.