Ritika Bhavnani is the elder sister of the Bollywood superstar Ranveer Singh. Many people don’t know that Ranveer has a sister named Ritika who is very close to him. In fact, in an interview, Ranveer Singh said that Ritika Bhavnani is not his sister but his ‘Little Momma’. Ritika came into limelight when some of the rakhi photos of Ranveer and Ritika became viral on social media. Since childhood, Ranveer and Ritika were very close to each other!
[table id=5 /]
Ranveer Singh says that Ritika was his sweet tooth as she used to offer him a lot of chocolates. Ritika has a very big hand behind Ranveer’s success and she is very fond of him. Ranveer once said in an interview how carefully Ritika chooses rakhi for him on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan. Ranveer also keeping the respect of this auspicious occasion keeps the rakhi on this wrist till the thread wore itself off!
Ritika Bhavnani Biography
The gorgeous sister of Simba of Bollywood Ritika Bhavnani was born on 5th August 1983 in Mumbai, India. Like Ranveer Singh, she too was born and brought up in the city of dreams, Mumbai. His family shifted to India during the partition of India and Pakistan. His family shifted from the city of Karachi to Mumbai in the early 1950s. Even though Ranveer is just 2 years younger than his sister even though every time they meet he touches her feet to get blessings!
Ritika Bhavnani family
Ritika and Ranveer are the children of Jagjit Singh Bhavnani and Anju Bhavnani. The father of Ritika Jagjit Singh Bhavnani is a prosperous entrepreneur with a lot of businesses whereas her mother Anju is a housewife. Sunder Singh Bhavnani and Chand Burke are her grandparents who moved to Mumbai from Karachi during the partition as said earlier.
Chand Burke who was the grandmother of Ranveer and Ritika Bhavnani was also an actress who made her debut in the film Kahan Gaye. This movie did not work well and was released in the year 1946 by Maheshwari productions. Even though the film did not do well but Chand was exceptional in that film. Due to her talent and beauty, she got a chance to work with Raj Kapoor in the movie Boot Polish!
Ranveer Singh and Ritika Bhavnani have a long relationship with the Kapoor family. Harshavardhan Kapoor is Ritika’s cousin brother who recently debuted the Bollywood movie Mirzya. Anil Kapoor is her uncle and Sonam Kapoor is her cousin sister. Sonam Kapoor married Anand Ahuja who is a fashion entrepreneur based in Delhi, India.
Read about- Anand Ahuja (Sonam Kapoor’s husband!)
Ritika Singh Bhavnani: Unknown Facts!
- Ranveer Singh once said that Ritika is not her sister but she is her Little Momma!
- Ranveer Singh’s mother Anju Bhavnani once said in an interview that she doesn’t like films in which Ranveer dies in the end.
- In childhood, Ritika used to buy Ranveer a lot of chocolates and she is the reason why Ranveer has a sweet tooth.
- When Ranveer Singh was pursuing his graduation in America, Ritika always used to send Rakhi on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan to him. Along with that, she used to cook his favorite dish Rice with Tikka and send it to him via courier. She used to save some money and convert it to dollars and send it along with the parcel!
- Ritika has a relationship with the Kapoor family, Anil Kapoor is her uncle and Sonam and Harshvardhan Kapoor are her siblings!
- Ranveer and Ritika were born in a rich business-class family and Ritika’s father Jagjit Singh Bhavnani was a business tycoon.
- Ritika’s grandmother Chand Burke was also an actor and she also has worked with Raj Kapoor in the film Boot Polish released in the year 1946!
- Ritika’s family background is from Pakistan, during the partition their family moved from Karachi to the city of dreams, Mumbai!
- Ritika is an animal lover especially dogs and she also owns a dog!
This was all about Ritika Bhavnani the elder sister of Bajirao i.e. Ranveer Singh. If you did like our content do not forget to share it with your friends and family. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to WikiaBio.com for the latest information about your favorite celebrities!
Take a look at– Ranveer Singh Biograhy (Heart-touching must see!)
— Ranveer Singh (@RanveerOfficial) May 1, 2016