Born in 1957 in Welch, West Virginia, Steve Harvey began his career as a comedian in the early 1980s. He soon established himself as one of the most popular stand-up comics in the country, with a distinctively observational style that blended humor and honesty.
In 1990, he scored his first major hit when he starred in the Fox sitcom “The Kings of Comedy,” which showcased the talents of some of the most successful African American comedians of that era.
Harvey continued to enjoy success on television throughout the 1990s and 2000s, starring in shows like “One Big Happy” (1998-1999), “Steve Harvey’s Big Time Challenge” (2004-2006), and “The Steve Harvey Show” (1996-2002).
|Date of Birth||17 January 1957|
|Height (Approximate)||in centimeters – 185 cms in meters – 1.85 meters in feet – 6’1|
|Weight (Approximate)||in pounds – 229 pounds in kilograms – 104 Kg|
|Figure Measurements (Approximate)||Bicep Size – 40 inches Chest Size – 38 inches Hip Size – 38 inches|
Steve Harvey is a family man. He has been married to his wife, Marjorie, for over 25 years and they have two children together. His daughter, Karli, is 24 years old and his son, Broderick Jr., is 22 years old.
Steve is very close with his family and often posts pictures of them on his social media accounts. In one post, he shared a photo of him and Marjorie walking down the aisle at their wedding.
He captioned the photo, “25 years later…still my beautiful bride.” In another post, he shared a photo of himself and his son playing golf together. He captioned the photo, “My little man is all grown up! #22yearsold.”
|Sister||Pauline Harvey, Mona Harvey|
Steve Harvey Wife, Affairs, & Marriage
|Children||Jason, Lori, Wynton, Brandi, Morgan, Karlin, Broderick Jr.|
Steve Harvey Education & Career
In addition to his work in television, Harvey has also enjoyed a successful career as a radio personality. He began hosting the nationally syndicated morning show “Steve Harvey” in 2002, and the show quickly became one of the most popular programs in its time slot.
In 2009, he added the title of author to his list of accomplishments with the release of his best-selling book “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.” The book offered relationship advice for women based on Harvey’s own experiences and observations.
Harvey has continued to be one of America’s most popular entertainers in recent years.
|School||Glenville High School|
|College/University||West Virginia University|
Steve Harvey Net Worth
Beloved comedian and talk show host Steve Harvey has an estimated net worth of $200 million. Harvey’s career spans over three decades, with prominent roles in stand-up comedy, television, and film.
|Net Worth||$200 m|
Steve Harvey Social Media Presence
Since he burst onto the national scene in 2000 as the host of “The Steve Harvey Show,” comedian and TV personality Steve Harvey has been one of America’s most well-known faces.
And with the advent of social media, Harvey has taken his outreach to new heights, using platforms like Twitter and Instagram to connect with fans.
Steve has over 7.8 million followers on his Instagram handle whereas he has over 4.5 million followers on Twitter. He has a Youtube channel named Steve TV Show which has over 6.32 million subscribers.
Trivia and Lesser Known Facts about Steve Harvey
- Harvey started his career in stand-up comedy in the early 1980s.
- In 2005, Harvey became the host of Family Feud. He has hosted the show ever since.
- Harvey is a five-time Grammy Award nominee and has won four Daytime Emmy Awards.
- Harvey is a Christian and has spoken about his faith on numerous occasions. He is also involved in charity work.
- He is a father of seven children. Jason, Lori, Wynton, Brandi, Morgan, Karlin, Broderick Jr. are his children!
- In 2012, Harvey published Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, a book about relationships. The book was turned into a movie in 2014.
- In 1994, Harvey hosted The Steve Harvey Show, a sitcom about a bachelor who moves in with his sister and her three kids. The show ran for six seasons.
- In 1990, Harvey became the host of Its Showtime at the Apollo, a talent show that showcased up-and-coming black comedians.