Max Baer Jr.’s full name is Maximilian Adalbert Baer Jr. He is a popular American actor, screenwriter, and producer who is very successful in the film industry. Max Baer Jr. came into limelight after his role in ‘The Beverly Hillbillies’ where he portrayed the role of Jethro Bodine.
Max got a lot of fame and name for working in The Beverly Hills and his work is still appreciated. The son of a Boxer Max Baer Jr. had a very long and prosperous career in the acting industry. He has experience of more than 30 years working in the film industry ranging from the year 1960 to 1992.
Surprisingly Max Baer Jr. did appear in many movies but he was part of many movies off-screen. Being associated with the film industry for such a long time it is sure that Max has gained a lot of fortune over the years. Stay tuned till the end to know more about Max Baer Jr. Net worth, Children, Height, and some inside unknown information!
|Real Name||Maximilian Adalbert Baer Jr.|
|Nicknames||The Clown Prince of Boxing.
Max Baer Jr.
|Age (as of 2020)||83 Years|
|Date of Birth||4th December 1937|
|Place of Birth||Oakland, California, USA (United States of America)|
|Wife||Joanne Hill - Divorced (1965 - 1971)|
|Mother||Mary Ellen Sullivan|
|Brother||James Manny Baer|
|Sister||Maudie Marian Baer|
|Profession||Actor, Film director,Film Producer, Screenwriter,|
|Education||Christian Brothers High School,
Santa Clara University
|Height||6 ft 3 1⁄2 in (1.90 m)|
|Weight||78 Kg (171.961 pounds)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||50 Million Dollars|
Max Baer Jr Wiki
Max Baer Jr. is a multi-talented person and he is a skilled actor-writer as well as producer. He was born on 4 December 1937 in Oakland located in California. His mother’s name is Mary Ellen Sullivan whereas his father is Max Baer Sr. They both gave him the name of Max Baer Jr. He has two siblings named James Manny Baer and Maude Baer.
Max Baer is of mixed ethnicity and has his roots are of German, Jewish as well as Irish background. He was brought up in Oakland California along with his mother, father, and siblings. His father Max Baer Sr. was a boxer by profession.
Max Baer Sr. was very well known in the boxing field and also was a world heavyweight champion. Not only his father but his uncle Buddy Baer was also a great boxer but by profession, he was an actor. Although being raised in a boxing environment Max Baer Jr. decided to be an actor.
Max was decent in studies and completed schooling from Christian Brothers High school located in Sacramento. However, he was more interested in playing sports studying. Max Baer Jr. was an excellent golf player who won various medals at the Sacramento open golf competition.
Later Max Baer Jr. went to Santa Claus Clara University where he did his four-year degree in Business Studies with philosophy subject as a minor.
Career & Early Life
Baer Jr. started his career in acting in the year 1960 being inspired by his uncle buddy Baer. His uncle had a decent experience in the acting field and was working in it from the year 1937. Max was first seen comedy-drama television series named Maverick but only for 2-3 episodes.
Later in that year, Baer Jr was seen in several ABC series such as Hawaiian Eye portraying Bill Gorham as well as Ali, Surfside Six playing Joe Wilk, and also in Cheyenne where he played various characters. Not only this he was again seen in 77 Sunset strip playing three roles. From this, you can say 1960 was a very important year in the career of Max Baer Jr.
The next couple of years he showed up in It’s a Man’s World and Bronco and Sugarfoot. In the year1962 Max got an opportunity e2 to work ok in the CBS sitcom TV series named Beverly hillbillies. In this comedy series, he portrayed Jethro Bodine for which he got a lot of appreciation. This sitcom was a turning point in the career of Max Jr.
Beverly hillbillies aired for a long time until the year 1971. Being associated with such a popular sitcom Max Baer Jr. became a very popular name.
Max Baer Jr Height Weight
The height of Max Baer Jr. is around 6 feet 4 inches which are around 1.93 meters. Yes, Max was very tall as he belonged from a boxing background. He was a well-built guy with a tough body and his weight was approximately 75 kgs (165 pounds).
You might like– Laura San Giacomo wiki and inside information (Must Read!)
Max Baer Jr Wife & Children
Max had a long career in the acting industry which definitely generated a lot of fortune and fame. But, his love life was not that great he had to face heartbreaks for a number of times. In the year 1966, he first married Joanne Kathleen Hill but their marriage didn’t last long.
It is still unsure how this lovely couple met but they had a lot of internal disputes between them. Finally in the year 1971 after almost 5 years of marriage, they got divorced. This duo did not have any children.
Later Max Jr. was in a relationship with Victoria Principal but not for a long time. Like his first relation, this one also had a bad ending.
Max was then in a relationship with Chere Rhodes and was she was his live-in girlfriend. However, Chere shot herself and she died at the age of 30.
After the investigation of her death, it was still unclear why she killed herself. Thus, the love life of Max Baer was a complete disaster and he doesn’t have any kids.
Net Worth of Max Baer Jr
Max Jr. has been working in the film industry since long and has done a lot of movies as well as series. He has for sure earned a lot of money and fortune for his work. As of the year 2020, Max Baer Jr. has a net worth of around $50 million.
However, these are just rough estimates and his exact net worth is still under review. Maybe he has more net worth than that as he has done some movies which collected thousands of dollars at the box office.
Unknown facts & Trivia
- Although Max Baer Jr. was an actor by profession he also did practice boxing whenever he got some free time. He had a superb body and height perfect for boxing!
- Maximilian Adalbert Baer Jr. was the full name of Max and he was born on 4 December 1937 in Oakland, California. He was not only a skilled actor but also a screenwriter as well as a producer.
- He started his acting career in the year 1960 and had a long career which ended in the year 1991. Max is known for being one of the most experienced actors in the film industry.
- Max was decent in studies but excellent in sports. He was an exceptional golf player and a very talented boxer. Boxing was in his blood and he was introduced to boxing at a very tender age.
- James Manny Baer and Maude Baer were the siblings of Max and they were a family of five members. He lived along with his mother, father, and two siblings in the United States!
- Max became very popular for his role of Jethro Bodine in The Beverly Hillbillies. We can say that this American sitcom was the breakthrough for his acting career.
- Over the past years, Max Baer Jr. has appeared in several films and television series. His total net worth is estimated to be around $50 million!
- However, his love life was very bad and he had to face heartbreaks for numerous times. His first wife was Joanne Kathleen Hill with whom Max married in the year 1966 but soon they divorced. Then, he was associated with Victoria Principal and later with Chere Rhodes but all his relationships failed!
- Max Baer Jr. is not active on any social media platforms and he likes to stay away from Facebook, Instagram as well as Twitter.
What a childhood! Here Baby Rose Marie is being carried through a crowd by Heavyweight Champion of the World Max Baer. pic.twitter.com/IoSqqQm8Fn
— Rose Marie-Official (@RoseMarie4Real) May 15, 2018